Leading from the Inside Out: A Leadership Course for Physicians
This program is designed for physicians who want to develop essential skills to lead themselves and others more effectively.
Participants will have the opportunity to complete four self assessments focused on raising the quality of their leadership in the
context of the healthcare system. The program is highly interactive, small group cohort based and facilitated by an expert in
physician leadership development .
Session Topics and Learning Objectives
- Clarify your core values and how they shape the way you live, work, and lead.
- Complete the Clifton StrengthsFinder assessment and increase awareness of your individual strengths.
- Identify opportunities to leverage your strengths and take a strengths-based approach to leadership.
- Complete the Maslach Burnout Inventory™ (MBI).
- Increase awareness of the factors that may contribute to your inventory results and explore strategies to establish and maintain healthy boundaries.
- Clarify your vision of wellbeing as a leader and explore evidence informed strategies to optimize mind health.
- Complete the EQi 2.0 leadership assessment and identify emotional intelligence strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Understand how emotional and social skills influence the way you perceive and express yourself, develop and maintain relationships, cope with stress, and use emotional information in an effective and meaningful way.
- Learn practical strategies to strengthen emotional intelligence skills.
- Complete the DISC leadership assessment and learn about your personal communication style.
- Learn why tension may exist among different styles.
- Apply the DISC model to help recognize when to adapt to be effective when communicating with different styles from your own.
Strategic Career Planning:
- Explore 3 phases of strategic career planning and the activities involved in each phase.
- Learn about common pitfalls that may be preventing you from career advancement.
- Clarify your career/leadership aspirations and develop a brief action plan to create forward momentum.
Course Facilitator: Coach Callie
Upcoming Dates: See below
To register or to receive more information about the available cohorts including the course fees for our 2024 course dates, please fill out the relevant form.
- Two full-day sessions
- Four hours to complete and review individual self-assessments
- 1-hour post session accountability dyad callEach topic has brief learning commitments to support skill implementation.
Date & Time:
April 18th & 19th, 2024
BC Children’s Hospital
Room number: TBA
Callie Bland is a Certified Professional Coach and RN-focused on supporting physicians and healthcare leaders to reach their full potential and raise the quality of leadership in healthcare. She specializes in physician leadership development, effective communication and collaboration, career design and wellbeing.
Maximum participants: 12
Course Fee: $3,500 USD
Registration Deadline: March 7th, 2024
Fill out the following form to register or receive more information: